Monday, August 23, 2010

First 2 Letters

{Babs to Frank}
3 to 4 AM Sun.
- Thinking of being responsible to and for another person full-time again scares me.
- I love the attention and companionship but I feel a little pressure. As if every day must be accounted for. 7 years is a long time without that. 
- I don't know any man I have more respect & fondness for. I can say I love you, but I'm not in love. (A thin line there).
- Your days and nights since Amy died have dragged for you. Mine have speeded up, because of you.
- I think my visit to Arizona will make me miss you a lot and that will tell me a lot. 

{Frank to Babs}
5:30 to 6:00 am Tuesday
- Thinking of being responsible to and for another person full time scares me also. It takes the kind of love that grows over many years and we're not near that stage. We have our own families and they will be our main support for a long while.
- I, too, love the companionship and I know I'm pursuing it too vigorously. It will be hard for me to ease up on the accelerator but I'll try to understand when you step on the brakes. 
- I was "in love" for 48 years. I'm still "in love" and nothing can ever change that. The relationship I'm pursuing is a new and different love which, as it develops will belong to us only. I can't describe it--who can describe love? Right now I think "Boon companionship" is wonderful.
- I'll miss you when you go to Arizona. I hope 2 get their blessing. You can miss me all you want.
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment